Latin Around the Web 2 (5/1–5/7)
1. Stand-up comedy in Latin
The bit (click here) starts out in French and moves into Latin after about a minute.
2. New Latin books
The Polis Institute has released a book for learning to speak Latin:
Roberto Carfagni has published a key to his previous exercise book for Familia Romana:
George Steadman has released a new Latin reader with vocabulary and commentary:
I have not had the chance to read any of these books; if you have, leave a comment with your thoughts below.
3. Podcasts in Latin
- Alexander Veronensis' Latin (and Greek) podcast: Sermo Raedarius XXXIII
- Quomodo dicitur podcast: QDP Ep 46: De Tormentis Fortiter Tolerandis
- Renaud Mercier's podcast: Soliloquium e Guiana 21 - De propomatibus litterariis
4. Latin & Rome related articles
- Subway museum in Rome
- Roman settlement discovered beneath road in Britain
- British Library digitises one of the largest books in the world
- Interactive history of the Mausoleum of Augustus
- Reading ancient Roman hand-writing
If you come across any interesting things on-line, don't hesitate to send us a link!
@latinitium on Twitter and email@example.com
Latest episodes in Latin
Videos in Latin on YouTube: